Flood Monitoring & Mobile Alerts
Flooding is the top natural disaster in America and other areas of the world.
Despite advances in satellite imaging, weather forecasting, and radar technologies, early and accurate flood warnings remain a challenge. Flash flooding, which is fast and local, is the most challenging – and can often lead to losses. That’s where Evigia’s IoT expertise can help.
Our flood monitoring and mobile alerts solution combines a distributed network of IoT sensors with cloud and edge sensor data analytics to generate and dispatch “early” flood warnings to communities and governments. The system uses rugged, cost-effective, multi-sensor IoT nodes with cellular wide-area mesh and satellite links. Performance and power are optimized for dense urban areas as well as remote all-terrain environments.
A Collaborative Effort to Help Save Lives and Property
Evigia is developing the flood monitoring and mobile alerts network with partial support from a U.S. government agency, as part of the U.S. government’s Smart Cities Initiatives. This program aims to improve public safety, community resilience, and disaster response by providing first responders and local officials with the tools they need to issue early flood alerts and warnings, and further expedite their response to save lives in flooding, coastal hurricanes, storms, and other natural disasters.
Robust, Rugged, and Reliable
The wide-area flood monitoring and mobile alert network now in development is based on Evigia’s EVX1000 Series technology platform, including our sensors’ mesh, cellular, and satellite communication nodes. The system’s features and advantages include:
- 10 to 20 years of field operation with no-maintenance or need for battery replacement
- Optimized use of wireless communication bandwidth
- Rule-based sensor-triggered imaging/video for visual situational awareness
- Remote configuration and control
- Cloud sensor analytics and dashboard
- Mobile advanced alerts
- Full software APIs for customers and partners cloud software development
- Sensors for water level, rate of rise, and weather, with standard ports for external sensor plugins